Error reading opoly.asc

Siraj Khan sirajkhan78 at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 5 07:19:19 EDT 2005

I think u have not download the supplemental data files:
(lpoly_lowres.asc <ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/lpoly_lowres.asc> and
lpoly_mres.asc <ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/lpoly_mres.asc> and
lpoly_hires.asc <ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/lpoly_hires.asc>
opoly_lowres.asc <ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/opoly_lowres.asc> and
opoly_mres.asc <ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/opoly_mres.asc> and
opoly_hires.asc <ftp://grads.iges.org/grads/scripts/opoly_hires.asc>)in
the working directory.You can download these files from this link.
http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/library.html
Then run grads and follow the steps below
ga-> set mpdset mres
ga-> display sst (or some other variable you want to display)
ga-> basemap L 7 2 M (you can use O inplace of L if you mask ocean, here 7
is boundary color and 2 is ocean mask color and M or mres )

 On 5/5/05, See Hai Ooi <axl419 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the basemap.gs, you can see the following
> lines:-

> if (type = 'L' | type = 'l')
> if (lores) ; file = 'lpoly.asc' ; endif
> if (hires) ; file = 'lpoly_hires.asc' ; endif
> endif
> if (type = 'O' | type = 'o')
> if (lores) ; file = 'opoly.asc' ; endif
> if (hires) ; file = 'opoly_hires.asc' ; endif
> endif

> you need to insert subdirectories of where opoly.asc
> and opoly_hires.asc reside. In my case, it is
> inserted as follows:-
>
> if (lores) ; file = 'c:\PCGrADS\lib\opoly.asc" ;
> endif
> if .........
> etc.
>
> I believe that the error you encountered might be
> due to this omission. Hope this helps. Regards.
>
> Ooi See Hai
> Malaysia
>
> --- Mallikarjun <arjunjt at CAOS.IISC.ERNET.IN> wrote:
> > Hello Grads Users,
> >
> > I have a data over land and Ocean. But I need to
> > display
> > only over land and need to mask ocean data. I got to
> > know
> > that basemap.gs would do this job. But when I run
> > this
> > it is giving an error reading from opoly.asc
> >
> > I am using 1.9 beta version. I have even tried in
> > 1.8 verision
> > also. Same error.
> >
> > Could anyone please suggest me how to about it.
> >
> > Thanking you,
> > --
> > Mallikarjuna.K

Siraj Khan