Serious memory leak in v1.9b3

Kilian Hagemann hagemann1 at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Thu Mar 31 05:02:03 EST 2005

Hi there,

I wrote a little script to check for global max/min values of NCEP data from
1993-2004 when I noticed that when it got further and further my system
started thrashing. Initial memory requirement: About 16MB, after every
further year of averaging an additional ~10MB and towards the end of the
script a whopping 780MB!!!! Smells like memory leak/improper pointer
management to me...

The script is attached, and as long as you have the NCEP netcdf data somewhere
available (change the ncepPath variable in the script) it should run fine.

I built 1.9b3 from source using all the extra components except the dods
interface. But that shouldn't make a difference. Let me know if you need any
further information.

Regards,

--
Kilian Hagemann