space around frame

Matt Alonso malonso at MESO.COM
Tue Mar 29 14:10:35 EST 2005

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to calculate the amount of
"whitespace" that will be around the outside of an image when you print
the display to a png or gif.  Essentially I am just looking for the x
and y pixel coordinates (assuming the default size of an image is used,
800x600) of the 4 corners of the "main" part of the image.  Since I am
apparently having trouble putting into words what I am looking for a
picture might help out a little bit,
http://tornado.meso.com/imgs/example.png.  I want to know the x,y
coords of the corners of the terrain map so that I can crop of all of
the red area (the background).  Oh another thing, to make things easier
I would be using the latlon mproj so that the extra space on either
side of the image is the same.  Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Matt