netCDF Grads and Matlab

Vincent MORON vincent at IRI.COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Jun 30 17:57:44 EDT 2005

Hi all

I have a question about the reading of netCDF file in . matlab. Sorry for
the posting in this list but I guess that someone has ones the same problem
as me. I am opening a netCDF file in Grads and everything is OK. When I open
it in Matlab with the function ncload (distributed in the mexCDF packaging),
the variable isn't converted using the scaling factors included in netCDF
(for example, I have a value of -32767 for rainfall), The spatial and
temporal variability is OK but the value are not properly scaled. Does
anybody have the solution to scale directly the netCDF variables in matlab ?

Thank you in advance

Vincent