Convert .nc to GRADS.

Mike riboy1977 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 17 12:05:41 EDT 2005

Thanks Eric!  I think I may try ncview.  I basically just want to look at the files to make sure the data is correct.

Eric Aligo <ealigo at IASTATE.EDU> wrote:I encountered the same problem on my linux machine. I'm pretty sure you
can't open the wrf output files when they are in the netcdf format because
the data are on the E-grid. Also, as far as I know, there is no
wrf-to-grads converter for the NMM as there is for the AFW WRF.

Eric

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, john mathew wrote:

> hello mike,
> sounds like you are on a windows platform. aren't you?
> i think windows version of grads cant afford to handle
> netcdf. if i am wrong anybody correct me, please.
>
> --- Mike wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of something that can convert an
>> .nc file to GRADS format? I tried using the
>> commands below to open it directly but got the below
>> error:
>>
>> ga-> sdfopen C:\GRADS\2005061618_wrfnmm08_east.nc
>> Scanning self-describing file:
>> C:\GRADS\2005061618_wrfnmm08_east.nc
>> SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.
>> ga->
>>

>> -Mike

>> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
>> protection around
>> http://mail.yahoo.com

> Yahoo! Sports

* Eric Aligo *
* Graduate Research Assistant *
* Department of Geological and Atm. Sciences *
* Iowa State University *
* 515-450-8106 *
* *
* hurri.kean.edu/~ealigo *