Convert .nc to GRADS.

James D Scott James.D.Scott at NOAA.GOV
Fri Jun 17 12:04:44 EDT 2005

It's more likely a non-coords standard netcdf file.   There are ways to
read these files by providing grads the necessary info in an external
data descriptor file, without converting the file to binary (xdfopen).
You
need to post the output from a ncdump of the netcdf file to determine if
this is the case.