open multiple .nc files

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 17 05:23:40 EDT 2005

Mr. Don Hooper,

    I followed your suggested method to open two .nc
files.  Errors occured and in particular,the second
file is treated as file 1 as shown below. Did I do
something wrong ?

-------------------------------

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version
1.8SL9
Copyright (c) 1988-2001 by Brian Doty
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
Institute for Global Environment and Society
All Rights Reserved

Config: v1.8SL9 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf
netcdf DODS-enabled lats a
thena im/image-output printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

Landscape mode? (no for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
ga-> sdfopen d:\ncar\skt.sfc.gauss.2000.nc
skt.sfc.gauss.%y4.nc 2924
Scanning self-describing file:
d:\ncar\skt.sfc.gauss.2000.nc
Found 1 data variables in SDF file.
Found displayable variable skt with 0 levels in SDF
file.
Data file skt.sfc.gauss.%y4.nc is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -88.542 88.542
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 2000:1:1:0 2000:1:1:0
ga-> set lon 80 140
LON set to 80 140
ga-> set lat -20 40
LAT set to -20 40
ga-> set t 1500
Time values set: 2001:1:9:18 2001:1:9:18
ga-> d skt-273.16
skt.sfc.gauss.2001.nc does not exist or is not a
netCDF file.
Open of new SDF file failed.
  Filename is skt.sfc.gauss.2001.nc.
If this was an HDF-SDS file, try gradshdf.
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values
ga->

    Regards.

Ooi See Hai