No subject

See Hai Ooi axl419 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 16 21:47:39 EDT 2005

Hi Arpita,

     Yes, Mr. Don Hooper is correct in saying that you
downloaded the file air.2004.nc from the cdc website.
I have done likewise and am pleased to share with you
my sample data merging script as follows:-

(A) msst.gs
    -------
   * To obtain merged skin temperature (deg.C)
   * from 31 Dec 2004 till 1 January 2005
   * at 6 hourly interval
   *
     'reinit'
   *
     'sdfopen d:\cdc\skt.sfc.gauss.2004.nc'
     'sdfopen d:\cdc\skt.sfc.gauss.2005.nc'
     'set gxout fwrite'
     'set fwrite d:\cdc\workarea\msst.dat'
   *
   * Taking 00Z 1 January 2005 as m = 1465
   *
     m=1461
     while (m <= 1468)
      'set t 'm
   *
      la = -20
      while (la <= 40)
       'set lat 'la
   *
      lo = 80
      while (lo <= 140)
       'set lon 'lo
   *
      if (m <= 1464)
       'd skt - 273.16'
      else
       'd skt.2 - 273.16'
      endif
   *
      lo = lo + 2.5
     endwhile
   *
      la = la + 2.5
     endwhile
   *
     m=m+1
     endwhile
   *
     'disable fwrite'
   *
     'reinit'
   *

 (B) msst.ctl
    ----------
     dset    d:\cdc\workarea\msst.dat
     undef   -9.99e+33
     title   daily skin temperature[311204-010105]
     xdef    25 linear  80.0 2.5
     ydef    25 linear -20.0 2.5
     zdef    0  linear 0 0
     tdef    8 linear 00Z31dec2004 6hr
     vars    1
     skt     skin temperature [deg. c]
     endvars

     by using open d:\cdc\workarea\msst.ctl, I am able
to plot the charts I need, in particular the sea
surface temperature over the South China Sea.
However, I could not use the downloaded land.nc from
the same website to maskout the land area.  I use
basemap.gs instead to achieve my desired purpose.  Can
anyone help me on how to use land.nc to get the same
result ?

    Thank you and best regards.

OOI See-hai
Malaysia