command line problem

Alan Chan alan at SONOMATECH.COM
Thu Jun 16 21:23:00 EDT 2005

Hi GrADS users,

I encountered a problem with running GrADS through the command line.
The version of GrADS I am using is 1.8s11 (full version).  It's running
on Windows XP (Professional).

When I ran the following command line, I got an error in a GradsNC.dll
window.

C:\Program Files\PCGrADS\win32e>grads -blc "exec grads12.gs"

Unknown command line keyword: grads12.gs

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 1.8SL11

Copyright (c) 1988-2001 by Brian Doty

Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies

Institute for Global Environment and Society

All Rights Reserved

Config: v1.8SL11 32-bit little-endian readline sdf/xdf netcdf lats
printim

Issue 'q config' command for more information.

GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5

Running in Batch mode

EXEC error:  missing file name

But when I ran it in GrADS (exec grads12.gs), it worked fine.  In
addition, the command line also worked fine with the previous version of
GrADS (I believe it was 1.7).  The only difference is I had an X-window
program installed previously.

Thank you very much for your help.

Alan

Alan Chan