Moisture Convergence

Michael Maxwell kd5giv at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jun 14 12:04:02 EDT 2005

Hello See Hai Ooi,

I am Michael Maxwell but since my computer was stolen
I don't have any of my work anymore. So I have to
start over again with everything. The best I can
remember is the script was written by finding regular
humidity, not relative humidity, and using the built
in function hdivg(u,v) for the divergence. I see you
called me Dr. I wish. Actually I haven't been to
college yet. I start this coming fall. I got the
humidity calculations from the skew-t script that is
so widely known on this list. I can't see your doc
file you attached. I am using a library computer and
their secruity will not let me view it.

--- See Hai Ooi <axl419 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> Dear Dr. Charles Seman,
>
>      I used the moisture convergence script written
> by
> Dr. Michael Maxwell to produce time series of
> moisture
> convergence at different sectorial points over the
> South China Sea during an early winter monsoon
> season.
>  It shows interesting result particularly during
> spells of cold surges.  I am pleased to share my
> work
> as attached herewith.  Hope you can show me how to
> make my script better. Above all, the purpose of
> this
> email is to seek your kind help in obtaining the
> step-by-step derivation of this moisture convergence
> formula (in particular the numerical quantities and
> their corresponding units) as I fail to get the
> result
> myself and I do not know how to get in touch with
> Dr.
> Michael Maxwell on this matter.
>
>     Thanking you in anticipation,
>
> Sincerely,