Margins in the display

Mr Norman mrnorman at NCSU.EDU
Fri Jul 29 22:19:52 EDT 2005

I'm having this strange issue with the grads display. I would like to have
the graph fill up the entire screen with no margins or buffer zone in the
image. I have tried the following commands to get the graph to fill up the
screen:

set parea 0 8.5 0 11
set grads off
set timelab off
d tercile
printim tercile.gif gif x800 y800

What will happen is if I set the display to portrait, it will fill up the
whole xwindow horizontally, but will have about a 75 pixel buffer zone on
the top and bottom margins. If I set it to landscape, it will fill up
vertically, but will have the same size buffer zone horizontally. This
happens both in the X-window and in the saved image, whether run
graphically or in batch mode. Any suggestions on how to get the graphic to
fill up the whole screen? Thanks!

-Matt Norman