Fcst Meteograms from GRIB w/ GrADS

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Wed Jul 20 14:06:48 EDT 2005

You have to either set the default file (set dfile [num]) or with a
variable number suffix (e.g., tmp.2 if from 2nd opened file). Caution when
using different timesteps or geo domains, however.
SMc

Rob Doornbos <rob.doornbos at WNI.COM>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
07/20/2005 01:44 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Fcst Meteograms from GRIB w/ GrADS

Good Afternoon ?

Many questions, but I?ll keep it brief by way of introduction.  My goal is
to produce meteograms for any U.S.city from any model source.  Based on
what I?ve learned, GrADS is a viable option for this.  I do not, however,
want to use a DODS-enabled version as I have all of the GRIB information I
need locally.

The main problem I?m having at this point is how to deal w/ multiple GRIB
files w/in a given GrADS session.  I have opened three simultaneously, but
graphic generation is only successful for the file in slot 1?others result
in blank U.S.map w/ ?Entire Grid Undefined? emblazoned across it (even
after doing ?set dfile 3?, e.g.).

I would greatly appreciate any tips/insight you?re willing to share.

Thx & Rgds,

    Rob

Rob Doornbos

Dir., Strategic Tech. &

    Data Services

Weathernews Americas

Direct: (405) 310-2852

Mobile: (405) 642-9796

robd at wni.com

www.weathernews.com

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary
to Planalytics, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.  This
message may be an attorney-client communication and as such is privileged
and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in
error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the