How to add "sdfopen" and "xdfopen" commands into my GrADS

Dave Allured dave.allured at NOAA.GOV
Fri Jul 8 16:13:33 EDT 2005

The Grads distribution includes several different Grads executables.  It
sounds like you are using "gradsc" when you should be using "gradsnc".
This may be hidden under a symbolic link for the "grads" command.

Try just typing "gradsnc" to start up, and see if sdfopen works.

Also, check your installation.  When GrADS starts up, it prints a line
starting with "Config:".  This line should include "sdf/xdf" and
"netcdf".  If not, you are using the wrong executable.  See this
documentation, also the installation instructions about the sym link for
"grads".

  http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdgrads.html

--Dave A.
CDC/NOAA/CIRES