Help on EASE-Grid Weekly Snow Cover data

Arindam Chakraborty arch at IO.MET.FSU.EDU
Mon Jul 4 11:32:02 EDT 2005

dear Prince,
        reading the variable as integer(1) in a fortran program should
solve your problem. However, 1-byte unsigned characters can be read in
GrADS directly by writing -1,40,1 in the units field of the variable
in the descriptor file.

regards,

arindam
 ARINDAM CHAKRABORTY