pb with a ctl file

Vincent MORON vincent at IRI.COLUMBIA.EDU
Fri Jan 28 13:26:34 EST 2005

Dear all

I am trying to open a file containing 8 variables (ctl below)

DSET     c:\vincent\clivar\composite_sst_mean.grd

TITLE      composites saiso. du SOI le plus haut (1873-1996)

UNDEF           -9999

XDEF            360 LINEAR 0.5 1

YDEF            130 LINEAR -59.5 1

ZDEF            1 LEVELS    0

TDEF            1 LINEAR 0Z01jan1873  1mo

VARS            8

arp_p_s         1 99 composite

arp_m_s         1 99 composite

arp_p_u         1 99 composite

arp_m_u         1 99 composite

ec_p_s          1 99 composite

ec_m_s           1 99 composite

ec_p_u          1 99 composite

ec_m_u          1 99 composite

ENDVARS

And I have always the same error message (on a PC or on a linux system)

  The data file was not opened.

ga-> open c:\vincent\clivar\composite_sst_mean.ctl

Scanning description file:  c:\vincent\clivar\composite_sst_mean.ctl

Open Error:  Looking for ENDVARS statement

             Instead, found:

  --> The invalid description file record is:

  --> endvars

  The data file was not opened.

Any idea of the trouble ? I should add that when I add a line for options
like

Options yrev, the error is on that line.

Vincent