Plotting contours with station data...

Daniel Leins Daniel.Leins at NOAA.GOV
Sat Jan 22 10:57:47 EST 2005

Thanks for the help, I've gotten somewhere, but not all the way yet.
This is where things stand.

I researched the archives, and found that it was possible to create a
dummy ctl file so as to define the grid needed by oacres.  The dummy
file, foo.ctl, I created is as follows...

dset foo.dat
options template
undef -9.99e33
title dummy control file
xdef 360 linear 0 1
ydef 181 linear -90 1
zdef 1 linear 1 1
tdef 1 linear jan0000 1yr
vars 1
dummy 0 99 dummy variable
endvars

In grads, I open foo.ctl, I open my real control file metar.ctl, then d
oacres(dummy,ts.2), and I am returned with a message of:

"Warning from OACRES: Less than two stations, Grid will be all missing
values Cannot contour grid - all undefined values"

I saw this same error message in another posting, but no one was able to
provide any feedback.  Does anyone know what might be causing this
problem?  I've certainly got a lot more than 1 station's worth of
temperature data ready to plot.

Thanks,
Dan Leins