Plotting contours with station data...

Daniel Leins Daniel.Leins at NOAA.GOV
Fri Jan 21 15:15:25 EST 2005

List,

I would like to plot a map of temperature across a given area, and
contour the data instead of displaying it as numbers.  However, when I
try and 'set gxout contour', then display the temperature variable, or
any other available variable for that matter, it displays the numbers
only with no contours.  I've tried 'set cint 1' , and a number of other
intervals, however nothing has worked.  Also tried 'set gxout shaded',
and couldn't get anywhere with that either.  The data set is in station
data format, and while I am able to display the variables in other ways
(i.e. station model output), I can't seem to get anything to contour -
which is my ultimate goal.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might be happening?  I
have included the control file below...

Thanks,
Dan Leins

DSET ^metar_out.bin