to separate land and ocean points

Dr. A. K. Sahai sahai at TROPMET.RES.IN
Mon Feb 21 05:00:24 EST 2005

Dear Grads Users,
This is second time I am posting this problem.
                Suppose I have masked ocean (in blue color) and land (in
green color) with basemap.gs.
Now I want to know what is the color filled at a particular point. Since
I have to determine it for sevaral
thousand points, it has to be done automatically in a grads script. How
can I do it. For example I have
a point with latitude 20.625 and longitude 110.75. Then I have to do
'set lat 20.625'
'set lon 110.75'
then what querry should I ask to know the filled color at that point.

Hope someone will give some clue.

Regards
Sahai

Dr. Atul Kumar Sahai
Scientist-D
Climate & Global Modelling Division
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
Homi Bhabha Road, Pune 411 008, India

Phone: +91-20-2589-3600 ext 302 (Off);  +91-20-2588-3821 (Res)
Fax:   +91-20-2589-3825
email: sahai at tropmet.res.in