blue lines in ghostview images of .eps grads files

Takashi Kagimoto kagimoto at JAMSTEC.GO.JP
Thu Dec 15 23:05:13 EST 2005

Dear Alan,

From: Alan Robock <robock at ENVSCI.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: blue lines in ghostview images of .eps grads files
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:04:07 -0500

> When I put grads output into Word or PowerPoint, I open the .eps files
> in ghostview, copy and paste them into the Microsoft application.  This
> produces blue horizontal lines that can dominate and ruin the otherwise
> nice-looking high resolution image.  Does anyone have a better way to do
> this?

The horizontal lines that you see on the ghostview window
might be due to the function of the "antialias." An easiest
way to remove them is, as SC said, to import EPS file directry
to the MS-Word. The other way is to disable the "antialias"
function of the ghostview and then to do the same things as
you did.

Best regard
----
Takashi Kagimoto
Frontier Research Center for Global Change/JAMSTEC
3173-25 Showamachi, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 236-0001, JAPAN
(tel) +81-45-778-5516 (fax) +81-45-778-5707