blue lines in ghostview images of .eps grads files

Haibin Li haibin1977 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 15 22:53:10 EST 2005

Dear Alan,
You can use Acrobat5.0 to convert the .eps file to .pdf. And then follow the
same "copy and paste" procedure.
In this way, you won't see any blue lines any more. But it ONLY works with
Acrobat5.0 not higher version (Higher version will
give you the same problem).

Yours,
Haibin

On 12/15/05, Alan Robock <robock at envsci.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Dear SC,
>
> Yes, but unless you convert it to a pdf, all you see is a low-resolution
> image of the figure.
>
> Alan
>
> Alan Robock, Professor II
> Associate Director, Center for Environmental Prediction
> Department of Environmental Sciences              Phone: +1-732-932-9478
> Rutgers University                                  Fax: +1-732-932-8644
> 14 College Farm Road                   E-mail: robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
> New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA      http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robock
>

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Sen Chiao wrote:
>
> > Alan,
> >
> > I thought you can just insert .eps files to MSword.
> >
> > SC
> >
> > On 12/15/05, Alan Robock <robock at envsci.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> When I put grads output into Word or PowerPoint, I open the .eps files
> >> in ghostview, copy and paste them into the Microsoft application.  This
> >> produces blue horizontal lines that can dominate and ruin the otherwise
> >> nice-looking high resolution image.  Does anyone have a better way to
> do
> >> this?
> >>
> >> Alan
> >>
> >> Alan Robock, Professor II
> >> Associate Director, Center for Environmental Prediction
> >> Department of Environmental Sciences              Phone:
> +1-732-932-9478
> >> Rutgers University                                  Fax:
> +1-732-932-8644
> >> 14 College Farm Road                   E-mail:
> robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
> >> New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA
> http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robock

Haibin Li