Fw: Convective Efficiency

Francesco Piani f.piani at IBIMET.CNR.IT
Mon Dec 5 06:13:53 EST 2005

Hi all,

I need to calculate Precipitation Rate for thunderstorms. I use R=Eqw where
q is the specific humidity, w is the vertical velocity (function of the
CAPE), E is the precipitation Efficiency that I determine as:
-0.501+0.778*RHM+0.000126*zLCL (RHM is the relative humidity and zLCL is the
lifting condensation level)

But this relationship seems to fit not well summer thunderstorms, while in
autumn looks good.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance