to extract variables on grib

Jean Pierre Arabonis arabonis at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Wed Aug 24 11:57:45 EDT 2005

Hi
    I have been working on the same problem and I attach the rough bare
bones of a script I have done so far and some comments from a helpful user:
    My script simply writes out one or several variables from a single
position to a new grib file.
    Good Luck
         JP

Grads data must be written out in the order

along X dimension
along Y dimension
along Z dimension
each Variables
each Time

See the description of the structure of Grads data files in the online user
manual

http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/aboutgriddeddata.html#structure

Michael Sestak
Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center
Monterey, CA

--
Jean Pierre Arabonis
arabonis at egs.uct.ac.za