Can't get contour plots to form/incompatible grids & trouble creating scripts

Arindam Chakraborty arch at IO.MET.FSU.EDU
Fri Aug 19 00:41:22 EDT 2005

Hello Mark,
        If you look at the documentation of vint() at
http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradfuncvint.html
it says the syntax is vint(psexpr,expr,top).
Note that psexpr is a grads expression. What it means is, it has to
have the same horizontal grid that expr (shum in your case) belongs
to. When you want a constant 1000 hPa for this value over all the
grids, you have to create a constant field of values 1000. You may use
the const() function to do this job. So,
'open file'
'set region'
'p1000 = const(shum,1000,-a)'
'd vint(p1000,shum,350)'