Control file for multiple files

Dan Leins theedge981 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 4 15:10:52 EDT 2005

List,

I'm re-visiting this topic, as it's come up again, and I never really ended
up doing what I wanted to last time anyway.  Like below, I've got a series
of files which will all be named in a similar convention, only varying by
model valid forecast time.  I've been successful in getting gribmap to work
with the "%f2" option, however now that it's working, how do I open a
specific file?  Let's say I wanted to open nam.t00z.grbgrd24.tm00, the 24
hour prog?  I thought that maybe I could only have one nam.t00z file in the
working directory, and that it would automatically open the one it found,
but it didn't.  Is there a way I pass an argument to grads (24), to tell it
which one to open?  If so, what's the syntax for that?

Thanks,
Dan Leins