Landscape or portrait mode

Kilian Hagemann hagemann1 at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Thu Aug 4 03:40:35 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 19:55, DANIEL PIRES NUNES pondered:
> Hello,
>
>     I need help to solve this problem: 'Error in GXSTRT: Unable to connect
> to X server'.
>
>     I am working at a Linux Conectiva.

You must make sure that your DISPLAY variable is set to ":0" if you are
working on the same machine that has the graphical X display. In bash (or
other bourne shells) just type export DISPLAY=":0"

If you're using ssh, just use the -x switch and everything should be set up
automagically.

--
Kilian Hagemann

Climate Systems Analysis Group