Areal averaging over time

Ernest Afiesimama ernafies at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 7 13:06:47 EDT 2005

I am verifying model result to examine interannual variability which
requires interannual anomalies. I want to plot the annual deviations
with respect to the mean over the period of simulation. The problem
is to average the area and say for 10 Junes so as to subtract each
June from mean June
e.g.
X prime = X bar - X individual values

For the mean, using

"set t 6 144,12"
"set x 1"
"set y 1"
"define moon=tloop(aave(pre,lon=-18,lon=15,lat=4,lat=20))"
"d moon"

This  still gives a time series, rather than a  value for a month,
say June
I will be grateful for any assistance.

Ernest A. Afiesimama Ph.D; JP
Head, Numerical Weather and Climate Predictions
Nigerian Meteorological Agency
P.M.B. 1215,
Oshodi
Lagos State