[gradsusr] Add significance to a linear plot of SST Difference (Experiment-Control)

Muhammad Dogar mubashardogar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 23:42:05 EDT 2023

Dear GrADS users,

I have plotted the composited (five ensemble members) difference between my
simulation (Experiment with some external forcing) and the control run
(without external forcing) by averaging over a certain domain for 10 years
(1991-2000). I want to add shading to this composited difference plot to
see whether the mean/composited difference is significant (for instance at
95 % level). How can I do this? I want to add mean spread in the form of
shading similar to Figure 1a in the paper
http://people.envsci.rutgers.edu/jlc449/NuclearNino/19Coupe/Research/Maheretal2015.pdf.
Please share the GRADS script or code if available.

If code is not available, then any script or GrADS commands explaining how
to add shading/spread on both sides of a linear plot will be helpful.

Best regards,

Dogar