[gradsusr] How to build support for CCSDS packing

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Tue May 30 11:28:07 EDT 2023

>From a Google search:
A CCSDS packet is made of three parts: a primary header, a secondary header, and a data section. In most cases (but not all), the information contained in the data section of the PicSat packets can be read bytewise.

I don't know anything about CCSDS, but it sounds as if you could use the FILEHEADER option in a GrADS descriptor file to bypass the headers and just read the data section. If you are doing any file templating, then the sizes of those headers would have to be consistent for every file.
--Jennifer

>From the doc page:

FILEHEADER length

back to top<http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#TOP>
This optional entry tells GrADS that your data file has a header record of length bytes that precedes the data. GrADS will skip past this header, then treat the remainder of the file as though it were a normal GrADS binary file after that point. This optional descriptor file entry is only valid for GrADS gridded data sets.