[gradsusr] grads compile for RHEL-8?

Kathy Moore - NOAA Affiliate kathy.a.moore at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 28 13:06:22 EST 2022

Has grads been compiled for Redhat version 8?  I have tried compiling
version 2.2.1 and 2.2.2.  I can get it to start up and connect to my
X-Server.  But I need the command sdfopen, and that command is not found.
I don't know if it is something to do with compilation or configuration.  I
have plenty of errors in my config.log file, and I see it's looking for
supplemental libraries.  I don't know what I need.  I can't do a make
install because I have no admin rights.  I also have not found any detailed
information about building grads.  All I see is run .config, then make.

Any hints would be appreciated.

--
Kathy A Moore
Software Developer, ERT