[gradsusr] Grads Installation on Macbook air M1 2020

Muhammad Dogar mubashardogar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 03:11:46 EDT 2022

Dear GrADS users,

I am trying to install GrADS on Macbook Air M1 2020. I have already
installed XQuarts using Brew following the steps listed on the last page of
the pdf document:
https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/international/usrcc/training/software_requirements/Prerequisite_packages_to_run_Intl_Desk_tools_Mac_Users.pdf.
However,
I encountered the following error. kindly help to sort out the issue.

grads: missing required directory

 </usr/local/bin/Darwin/arm>

     --->  at /usr/local/bin/grads line 165.

I also tried installation through MacPorts by following the steps given at:
https://ports.macports.org/port/grads/, however, it is also not working and
give the following error message*

GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5

GX Package Error: Could not find a record for the printing plug-in named
"Cairo"

  * The environment variable GAUDPT has not been set

  * Unable to open the default User Defined Plug-in Table:
/usr/local/lib/grads/udpt

  Please read the documentation at
http://cola.gmu.edu/grads/gadoc/plugins.html

GX Package Terminated