[gradsusr] Plotting xcbar.gs Even When There is No Valid Data

Perry, Aaron axp09171 at alumni.northernvermont.edu
Tue Apr 12 04:29:24 EDT 2022

Good Morning All,

I am trying to figure out a way to plot xcbar.gs even when there is no valid data in the grid to plot.

For instance, there is no GFS precipitation values in a certain domain, say the Northeastern US, for Forecast Hour 12. xcbar.gs says that there is no shading information and therefore, does not plot a colorbar for that one frame. I want to have that precipitation colorbar plot for every frame regardless of if there is data in the grid or not.

I've tried going into xcbar.gs to see if there is an override to plot regardless of valid data or not but, there doesn't appear to be.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron Perry
Meteorologist
Class of '16
Northern Vermont University-Lyndon