[gradsusr] (no subject)

Jeff Chabot jsc219 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 08:50:59 EDT 2021

Hello GrADS Users,

I asked this question back in July and didn't see any responses, so I
will try again.

I have a question about pulling data from NOMADs with the new
connection limits.  I have worked around the limit using the following
sleep command between variables like this:

say 'Define Precipitation'
'define precip = apcpsfc/25.4'
say result

'!sleep 60'

say 'Define Categorical ice pellets'
'define ice = precip * cicepsfc'
say result

I am defining variables before a while statement:

while ( t <= TIME_STEPS )

'set t 't

'display precip'
'display ice'

t = t = t+1

endwhile

This works but it slows the process down of course.  Would it be more
efficient to not define the variables before the
while statement, and just use them this way:

while ( t <= TIME_STEPS )

'set t 't

'display apcpsfc/25.4'
'display apcpsfc/25.4 * cicepsfc'

t = t = t+1

endwhile

Thoughts?  I have tried it both ways with very mixed results, so I am
just wondering what others are doing?

Sincerely,

Jeff Chabot