[gradsusr] GFS FTP Site Down

Mark Sponsler msponsler at comcast.net
Tue Mar 30 15:04:21 EDT 2021

Hi all,
Just sharing info from NOAA as many of you might be impacted.

There is a major network issue at our College Park data center. This is causing the FTP connectivity drops. Unfortunately, this same issue has also taken down the listserv that we use to send out updates. Therefore we haven't been able to send regular emails like we usually do during times of crisis. Multiple teams are working to get service restored, but we don't have an ETA at this time. Data will remain available on NOMADS, as that service runs out of our other data center.

Here's the original problem statement:

Just to let you know, the ftp site where all this info is supposed to come from is at best unstable and at time unuseable.

Sometimes it's fine and other times it times out and does not respond or at best responds very slow. This situation started over the weekend and continues today.

ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.20210330/06/wave/

--
Thanks
Mark Sponsler