[gradsusr] New WAVEWATCH III data file changes

Bill Reilly bill_reilly at compuserve.com
Thu Mar 25 16:37:07 EDT 2021

Stephen:

Yes, the WW3 wave data is now part of the new GFSv16 upgrade...
https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/pdf2/scn21-20_gfsv16.0_aac.pdf

Specific to the wave model is this:
https://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/Waves_Changes.pdf

All URLs and filenames have been changed, and some of the grids have
been discontinued (ak_4m, at_4m and wc_4m) which is a disaster.

I don't know what they were thinking but this isn't an upgrade in my case.

Regards,

Bill

--

Bill Reilly