[gradsusr] Problems with option -d X11 in GrADS 2.2.2

Daniele Gandini daniele.gandini at arpa.piemonte.it
Mon Mar 8 08:40:15 EST 2021

Dear GrADS Users,

my colleagues and I recently installed GrADS 2.2.2 on a Fedora 33 Linux server.

We have problems on running GrADS with -d X11 option.

grads -d X11

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.2.2
Copyright (C) 1988-2020 by George Mason University
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.2.2 little-endian readline grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5 opendap-grids geotiff shapefile
Issue 'q config' and 'q gxconfig' commands for more detailed configuration information
Landscape mode? ('n' for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
Error in gxload: /opt/grads-2.2.2/lib/libgxdX11.so: undefined symbol: gxdbb
GX Package Terminated

Perhaps gxdbb hasn't been defined in dynamic library libgxdX11.so in compilation phase.

Thank you in advance.

Daniele Gandini
Servizio Meteorologico ARPA Piemonte
Via Pio VII 9 - 10135 Turin (Italy)