[gradsusr] Regrid or constrain grid dimensions after opening grib file?

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 11:49:20 EST 2021

Yes. Restrict the dimension environment.

'set lat [bounds]'
'set lon [bounds]'
'set t [bounds]'
'set z [bounds]'

'define field'

(perform operations on field)

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:47 AM Brian Gaze <brianw.gaze at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know it is relatively straightforward to define a new grid using wgrib2
> but I wondered whether it is possible to do something similar in GRaDS? So
> just storing the new grid temporarily in memory whilst the script is
> working on the file data, for example to generate charts for a smaller
> region than the original grid covers.
>
> Essentially I'm trying to optimize without going through the overhead of
> writing out a new file using wgrib2.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Laboratory
Boulder, CO