[gradsusr] Plot data text in a grid instead of random

Jeff Chabot jsc219 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 21:22:07 EST 2021

 When I plot landseamask, all of my values are between 250-300 which I am
guessing is temperature in K.   So I think my ctl is at fault here:

DSET gfs_hd_temp.dat
UNDEF 9.999E+20
TITLE GFS 0.25 deg
XDEF 1440 linear 0.000000 0.25
YDEF 721 linear -90.000000 0.25
ZDEF 1 levels 1000
TDEF 81 linear 12Z08DEC2021 3hr
VARS 2
tmp2m  0 99  ** 2 m above ground temperature [k]
landsfc  0 1 ** surface land cover (0=sea, 1=land) [proportion]
ENDVARS

I'm still new to ctl files so I am not sure what I should be using for
values after landsfc since in theory there is only one level.  0 99 maybe?