[gradsusr] Regarding getting data on time avergage area average vertical profile

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:36:58 EST 2020

Check 'q dims'. My bet is you'll find that the vertical dimension is not
the only dimension that is variable.

In order to plot a vertical profile, the vertical dimension is the only one
allowed to vary. You need to fix your x-, y-, and t- dimensions.

Jeff Duda

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 9:47 PM Tanmay Sarkar <tanmays at barc.gov.in> wrote:

> Dear Users,
>
> I have a file on multilevel variable with many time steps.
>
> I want to get the area average and time average vertical profile of that
> parameter. But I am not able to get it. I am getting the following:
>

> *Set lev 1 40*
>
> *a= ave(ma_cexdud,t=1,t=100)*
>
> *aa=aave(a,lon=50,lon=100,lat=0,lat=50)*
>
> *ga-> d aa*
>
> *Operation error:  Invalid dimension environment*
>
> *  Looping dimension does not vary*
>
> How to plot the vertical profile.?
>
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> --
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Tanmay Sarkar
>
> Scientific Officer D
>
> Safety Studies Section
>
> Health Physics Division
>
> Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
>
> Trombay, Mumbai -⁠ 400 085
>
> &
>
> PhD Student
>
> Homi Bhabha National Institute

> Contacts:
>
> +91-22-25592359 (O)
>
> +91-9920134749 (M)

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Laboratory
Boulder, CO