[gradsusr] Error during running (GrADS) Version 2.2.1.oga.1 in Linux

Yared Godine Demeke yared.godine at amu.edu.et
Fri May 22 17:16:42 EDT 2020

Dear Grads users,

 I am using the instruction for installing opengrads-2.2.1.oga.1 in linux:

When I run grads, I see the following message:

Welcome to the OpenGrADS Bundle Distribution

For additional information enter "grads --manual".

Starting "/usr/local/bin/opengrads/Contents/Linux/Versions/2.2.1.oga.1/x86_64/grads  " ...

> Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.2.1.oga.1

> Copyright (C) 1988-2018 by George Mason University

> GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

> See file COPYRIGHT for more information

> Config: v2.2.1.oga.1 little-endian readline grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5 opendap-grids,stn athena geotiff shapefile

> Issue 'q config' and 'q gxconfig' commands for more detailed configuration information

> GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5

> GX Package Error: dlopen failed to get a handle on gxprint plug-in named "Cairo"

>  libimf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

> GX Package Terminated

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Kind Regards!

Yared

Yared Godine Demeke
Msc. in Meteorology
Instructor in Faculty of Meteorology and Hydrology
Water Technology Institute
Arba Minch University
P. O. Box 21, Arba Minch, Ethiopia.
Mobile :-( +251)-916-854-783