[gradsusr] Time Series Plot

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:58:34 EDT 2020

If your data were processed on pressure levels (as it appears to have
been), you're most likely seeing missing data due to being below the ground
surface at those pressure levels. Depending on which post-processor you
used, you will need to make sure to set it to interpolate pressure levels
below ground level. I recommend using the Unified Post Processor software,
as I think it implies that automatically (plus, you can just use the
terrain height field to mask out values below ground anyway).

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 5:16 AM Daniel Nairn <dannairn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a time series script plotting temperature at pressure levels from a
> WRF model. It appears to be working but not plotting the lowest levels -
> see attached image. I don't understand why? If I plot the temperature at
> say the 950 level (in a standard shaded plot script), it works, so I know
> the data is there.
>
> Here is the relevant section from my script:-
>
> 'set lon -0.118092'
> 'set lat 51.509865'
>
> 'set t 1 37'
> 'set display color white'
> 'set grads off'
> 'set ccolor 4'
> 'set cthick 4'
> 'set gxout shaded'
>
> 'set lev 1000 300'
> 'define temp = tmpprs-273.15'
> 'd temp'
> 'set gxout contour'
> 'set cint 2'
> 'set clab masked'
> 'd temp'
> 'draw xlab Forecast Time (UTC)'
>
> Dan

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Division
Boulder, CO