[gradsusr] gxprint cannot print png files

Jennifer M Adams jadams21 at gmu.edu
Sat Mar 14 08:02:22 EDT 2020

> Grads produces a segmentation fault when I try to print png files. The png files are zero sized. But it is okay with pdf files.

What version of GrADS are you running, what platform are you running it on, and how did you install it?
What is the output from ‘q config’ and ‘q gxconfig’? Does Grads print out any error messages before the seg fault?

If .pdf works and .png fails, then it’s probably something related to libpng — check to see which version is linked with your libgxpCairo. E.g.:

On my Mac:
# otool -L libgxpCairo.dylib | grep png
	/Users/jma/grads/supplibs/lib/libpng15.15.dylib (compatibility version 28.0.0, current version 28.0.0)

On CentOS:
# ldd libgxpCairo.so | grep png
	libpng15.so.15 => /usr/local/grads/2.2/supplibs/lib/libpng15.so.15 (0x00007f24eb064000)

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
George Mason University