[gradsusr] How to draw a box with a projection

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:11:42 EDT 2020

If none of those options work, I can propose an alternative similar to what
Rick suggested.

Draw a bunch of short line segments using q w2xy and loops as so:

lon1 = [left/west bounding longitude]
lon2 = [right/east bounding longitude]
lat1 = [left/west bounding latitude]
lat2 = [right/east bounding latitude]
del_lat = [resolution in latitude]
del_lon = [resolution in longitude]
* projected line for bottom of domain
*get first point
'q w2xy 'lon1' 'lat1
* subwrd() command to get (x1, y1)
ln = lon1+del_lon
while (ln <= lon2)
 'q w2xy 'ln' 'lat1
 * read (x2,y2) page values from that
 'draw line 'x1' 'y1' 'x2' 'y2
x1 = x2
y1 = y2
 ln = ln + del_lon
endwhile

*repeat above loop, making changes where necessary, for the other three
bounding lines

If you use a small enough delta, you should see a pretty smooth looking
shape appear.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 5:17 AM Davide Sacchetti <
davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it> wrote:

> the only way I know is to combine lon lat and maskout with display
> command:
>
> set gxout contour
> set ccolor 1
> d maskout(lon, ...)
>
> it should work
>
> Davide
>
> On Sat, 2020-03-07 at 21:41 +0900, lpasmanoranjan wrote:
> > Dear Users,
> > I am having problem in drawing a box overlaid on my figure in lambert
> > conformal conic projection.
> >
> > The 'drawbox' command drawing a rectangular box. But my data is in
> > lambert conformal conic projection.
> >
> > I appreciate for any kind of help or suggestion in this regard.
> >
> > --
> > Kind Regards,
> > Mano
>

> Attenzione ARPAL ha cambiato indirizzi digitali, i nuovi indirizzi di
> e-mail sono composti dall'attuale nome.cognome seguito da @
> arpal.liguria.it, quindi *nome.cognome at arpal.liguria.it
> <nome.cognome at arpal.liguria.it>*

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Division
Boulder, CO