[gradsusr] How to plot time-height cross section with the heights changing by time?

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Mon Mar 2 05:03:10 EST 2020

the faster way is be to prostprocess your data before giving them to
grads (your model should have a postprocessing unit for converting
model levels to fixed heights or at least pressure levels)

otherwise, using grads, you could use zinterp function (eg: you could
find it in opengrads) and define your temperature at fixed heights
(define temperature=zinterp(t.1,heights.2,level_you_want)), dump your
levels on a new file (set gxout fwrite) for all your wanted levels
(select let's say about 20 levels like 0,500,1000,...). Then open the
new "postprocessed" or "interpolated" data and just plot your cros
sections

May be not so "easy" but it should work.

Bye bye
Davide

Attenzione ARPAL ha cambiato indirizzi digitali, i nuovi indirizzi di e-mail sono composti dall'attuale nome.cognome seguito da @arpal.liguria.it, quindi nome.cognome at arpal.liguria.it