[gradsusr] Generating model charts automatically...please help

Jayson Escalante json72993 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:57:00 EDT 2020

Marian:

First of all, thanks for your response.

I am using Windows7 at the moment.

So...I am looking to download GRIB files from this website (
https://www.wis-jma.go.jp/d/o/RJTD/GRIB/Global_Spectral_Model/Latitude_Longitude/1.25_1.25/90.0_-90.0_0.0_358.75/Upper_air_layers/
)...clicking on that website will show you folders with names patterned
after dates (i.e. YYYYMMDD/HHMMSS/grib.bin)

The scripts I run are located at D:\OpenGrADS\AAAA\scripts\script_name.gs ;
I haven't finalized the scripts yet, as I am still revising parts of it to
display whatever graphics I want to use.

I do wonder if we can install GrADS on Google Cloud or a similar service?
If that is the case, I opt to go for that, as I intend to avoid straining
our internet bandwidths/download limits at home. Kindly change the source
to this website (http://apps.diasjp.net/gpv/cgi-bin/GPVlist3.sh ; directory
structure is similar to the JMA-WIS link)

If it is not possible...it turns out what needs to be done with my home PC
are:
(1) make my PC turn itself on at certain times of the day (preferably
around 1640UTC and 0440 UTC);
(2) automatically download the most recent GRIB file from the JMA-WIS
website;
(3) generate the CTL and IDX files;
(4) run the scripts I wrote;
(5) upload the pictures somewhere (and make it available on my website); and
(6) shut down my PC if I am not using it after processes 1-5 are done,

This task seems so hard to me, as I have zero experience in programming and
computer stuff, but I'd greatly appreciate any assistance you will extend
to me. Thanks a lot in advance!