[gradsusr] error using tcorr

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 11:49:47 EDT 2020

That error message doesn't seem to make much sense on first glance.

Questions to guide your troubleshooting:

-What are the dimensions of both var1 and var2?
-Is this problem the result of using sdfopen for one field and open for the
other?
-Do you need to set the dimensions to the full domain before calling the
tcorr function? That is, when you open the first file, the dimensions
should automatically be set to the full domain, so setting them again may
not only be unnecessary, but might actually be altering things in a way you
didn't expect.
-Are you absolutely sure var2 is valid on the exact same grid as var1? To
test, do
'set dfile 2'
'q dims'
If the grid limit indices become decimals, then your grids are probably not
actually identical. In that case you should run 'd var2interp =
lterp(var2,var1)'

See if any of that exposes the issue.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 9:01 AM M.Mahakur <mmahakur at tropmet.res.in> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am using tcorr and the input data are in two files [1) netCDF, varies in
> space and time; 2) binary, varying only in time, both having same time dim).
>
> I am doing ..
>
> 'sdfopen file1.nc'  ==> var1
> 'open file2.ctl'      ==> var2
>
> 'set x 1 1440'
> 'set y 1 721'
> 'set t 1'
>
> But, it complains : ...
>
> ga-> d tcorr(var2.2,var1,t=1,t=492)
> TCORR:  dim = 3, start = 1, end = 492
> Error from TCORR:  1st arg must be 0-D
> Error from TCORR:  Error getting grids
> Operation Error:  Error from tcorr function
>   Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>   Expression = tcorr(var2.2,var1,t=1,t=492)
> ga->
>

> q dims:
>
> Default file number is: 1
> X is varying   Lon = 0 to 359.75   X = 1 to 1440
> Y is varying   Lat = -90 to 90   Y = 1 to 721
> Z is fixed     Lev = 0  Z = 1
> T is varying   Time = 23Z31JAN1979 to 23Z31DEC2019  T = 1 to 492
> E is fixed     Ens = 1  E = 1
> ga->
>

> Please suggest, how to remove this error.
> If, I interchange the order of opening input file, even the data does not
> display!
>
> With Thanks and Regards,
> Mahakur

Jeff Duda, Research Scientist
University of Colorado Boulder
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
NOAA/OAR/ESRL/Global Systems Laboratory
Boulder, CO