[gradsusr] Regards plotting vertically integrated moisture transport and Vertically integrated Moisture flux

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan4space at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 21:38:45 EDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

I have calculated the IVT, averaged between two different pressure levels
using surface pressure, winds, sp. humidity. I have plotted it for every
day in a month using the while loop.

The equation used to calculate  IVT transport is

[image: image.png]

Where q is the layer averaged specific humidity (kg kg-1); u and v are the
layer averaged zonal and meridional winds (m/s); g is the acceleration due
to gravity and dp is the pressure difference between two pressure levels.

Below I have attached the script for your reference. Hope this helps.

Regards

Kalyan