[gradsusr] [EXTERNAL] Re: white lines on pdf after Mac update to Catalina

Adams, Jennifer M. (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] jennifer.m.adams at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 13 08:26:36 EDT 2020

It is not a problem with the graphics library in GrADS, it is more of an issue with the .pdf rendering software. The Preview App on Mac is not as good as Adobe Pro (you get what you pay for), and you won’t see those lines in professionally published articles.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams
ADNET Systems, Inc.
NASA/GSFC, Code 610.2
Building 32, Room S159
(301) 614-6070

From: gradsusr <gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org> on behalf of Lyndz <olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 1:20 AM
To: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gradsusr] white lines on pdf after Mac update to Catalina

Hi Kyle,

I just posted a similar problem several days ago.

They said that this is related to the graphics library.
Try to use a different output format (PNG or JPEG).

Also for other related issues, try a google search: "site:gradsusr.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gradsusr.org_&d=DwMFaQ&c=ApwzowJNAKKw3xye91w7BE1XMRKi2LN9kiMk5Csz9Zk&r=M2mFZsxo0ZoztoK2Lyoypu1kKkBVKyEoM9CXGWO42zk&m=IK_PD7K_-OIiIVn2rBSVmskcQT2ALHPJ6ZPADyUlKeY&s=jPP8aph0wR0jGd6doaJKrOP60rNa7yNpqjbb5_dd3zY&e=> pdf  lines"

Sincerely,
Lyndz