[gradsusr] [EXTERNAL] Error in opening BUFR files

Jayson Escalante json72993 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:58:14 EST 2020

Jennifer:

My issues are:
(1) bufrscan doesn't work on my PC at all. The command prompt simply says
it couldn't find bufrscan
(2) I used an older version of GrADS (v2.1 if I'm not mistaken), but
everytime I try opening BUFR files it says I need a new version of BUFR
tables.

How do I go around this? This is my first time working with BUFR files.

And...if GrADS' bufr file support is indeed dated and there's no way to go
around it, what other options do I have?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Jayson