[gradsusr] Maskout land

lpasmanoranjan lpasmanoranjan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:47:57 EDT 2020

Dear Users,
I have a temperature data. I would like to compute the area averaged
temperature over the Ocean only. So I need to maskout the land areas. Is
there any command to maskout the ocean directly.

I have a land mask control file. I thought to do it by subtracting the land
values from the original data. But the following script showing all zero
values.

'open t2.ctl'
'open landmask.ctl'
‘define land=maskout(t2, mask.2-0.01)’
‘define total=t2’
'd aave(total-land,lon=40,lon=90,lat=-15,lat=15)'

It could work if I would have an ocean mask control file.

Any suggestions or script is highly appreciated?

Thank you.

--
Kind Regards,
Mano