[gradsusr] "Official" docker image?

Stefan Gofferje stefan at saakeskus.fi
Thu Apr 9 06:09:28 EDT 2020

Hi,

I have noticed that there's a few grads docker images on the Docker Hub
but none seems to be "official", i.e. from the grads dev team.
May I suggest the dev team create one?

The rationale behind the suggestion is that it would be significantly
easier for the user to install and run grads without having to worry
about dependencies. For example, I personally run grads on Ubuntu server
which is just different enough from CentOS / Redhat to require a good
handful of tinkering to get grads to run. A docker image would make that
so much easier.
Also, software and update delivery would be much easier for the dev team
as there are already all prerequisites in place for automatic building
and delivery of container images, e.g. through Github.

--Stefan